Friday, September 12, 2008

Charlie Redeems Himself!






Okay, so the second soccer practice was awesome!! On my last post things were looking pretty gloomy for little Charlie. He didn't have a great week last week and we needed to change some things up a bit. After his day at school on Friday his weekend was not looking fun at all. He had gotten into trouble all day long and just wasn't listening to the teachers at all. They have a color system at school for how your child did for that day. Green meaning they had a great day, yellow is not so great and then the RED which is not good at all!! Last Wednesday Charlie was in the yellow. Uh oh! So I talked to him and tried to make him understand that he has to listen to his mommy and daddy, his teachers and his coaches. And of course I get the, "ok mommy, I understand". RIGHT! I come pick him up on Friday and he's got that big red card flashing at me. Well, needless to say, I was not a happy camper. I took his TV priveleges away and the most agonizing thing that I could do to him was to take all his trains away. That's right, I put my foot down and took his most favorite things aways for the entire weekend. He had a chance to redeem himself at soccer last Saturday, but that didn't take. So by Sunday, Charlie comes up to me and says, "mommy I listen to you and daddy, and my teachers, and my coach...I sorry I don't listen". I DIDN'T BUCKLE!! GO ME! I told him that words don't add up to much for me at this moment that I wanted action. He was actually really good not whining for his trains or to be able to watch cartoons. I was shocked. Come Monday after school, I slowly came around the corner to see what fate my son was in. Oh my gosh, IT'S GREEN!!! Ms Cindy said that he was wonderful, they had a great day and that he listened everytime that she asked him to do something. Whoo Hoo!! So, my punishment worked...how long will it work, we won't know, but the main point is that it did this time!! So to all the mommy's out there, stick to your guns and ride it out. The outcome is well worth it!! All week long we have had a great time. I'm wasn't on him constantly. It was pretty funny on Monday night when he got his trains back. He started making a track and layed out his engines and was just having a grand ole time. Then bedtime rolls around and he looks at me and his daddy and says, "please don't touch my trains and tracks". The fear was in his eyes and voice. It was so cute. We'll see if we have soccer tomorrow. It's suppose to rain so I'll keep you posted!

No comments: