Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Happy Anniversary!!




What in the world have I done in the past year??!! Holy cow, this year has just flown by!! Hello to all! I'm no longer at the fair!! :) Let's see, let's start with little Charlie. Charlie is gigantic!! He is going to turn 4 in October. Makes my eyes tear up just thinking about it. He is a little over 42" tall and weighs 43 pounds. He is solid!! He just cracks me up! He is the sweetest, most lovable and hilarious child out there!! He is so obsessed with any "Thomas" affiliated trains!! There needs to be a different word for it. It's to the point we may need rehab or an intervention!! I sure everyone is tired of him talking about all the engines but I so glad that he already has a passion for something at the age of 3. He is very secure with himself. He is not scared at all to be in a room by himself. He can just sit there and entertain himself forever!! I sit there and watch and listen to him and I am in awe to see and hear how creative and imaginative he is. He is a little parrot so you do need to watch what you say around him. I'm getting really good spelling things out now. It just isn't the same though when you are so frustrated and angry and you spell out the explicits! He is definately the best thing that I have ever done!!!




Chuck and I are doing well. Chuck has been working A LOT!! I have taken up a hobby in gardening. So far so good. I haven't killed most of them (yet)! I love my herb garden. It is so...nice to just be able to go right outside your house and grab what ever herb you need instead of going to the store and paying $3 for a little bunch that dies practically the next day. I am started my own Pampered Chef business. It's been real fun getting to meet all the people. I probably need to really get after it but it's just so hard when your husband has late night meetings or business trips. It's just something for me.




I did get to go to a girl's weekend getaway at my dear friend's cabin (Stephanie Link) this past weekend. It was absolutely wonderful and much needed. If fact, I was complaining the first night that it was insanely too quiet. Chuck and I haven't taken a vacation lately. He's been so busy at work it's just a bit hard to work in with his schedule and Charlie's school. I hate taking Charlie out of school (especially since we pay for him to go there). It just seems like money down the drain when he misses school.
Anyhow, I will blog later (promise it won't be another year) when I have more time to sit down and actually gather my thoughts.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Hooray!! A new post!

The Traxsons said...

Holy Cow! A new post!!!

Matt and Jolee said...

You're back!!! I just happen to click on this... and haven't in forever. I think I lost you off my blog roll, but I'll add ya back... Keep up the posts!! We missed you.