Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July!!

Happy Independence Day everyone! This day went by so fast...I can't believe it's over. Chuck, Charlie and I went to the movies this morning to see "Flushed Away". It was a cute movie. Charlie enjoyed it. Charlie and I went to the movies yesterday on a playdate as well. We watched "Curious George". He did fine until the last 15 minutes of it. He's watched the movie before so he knew where it was leading to. Anyhow, after the movies we went to get some firecrackers and the little pistol feel asleep on the way to the house. Lucky!! Once he got up we took him swimming for a couple of hours. He is getting so much better swimming every time we go. He is starting to place his face in the water. The longest he kept his head down was for 5 seconds. I was getting a bit anxious...it seemed like 5 minutes. He jumps in the water by himself, especially if you say the famous Buzz Lightyear saying, "to infinity...and BEYOND!!" and once you say that last word...in he goes. It's so...cute!! After swimming we lit a few firecrackers. The very first ones that we set off were the smoke bombs. He thought a genie was going to appear. Do you think he's watched "Aladdin" a few times?? He doesn't know what to think about the explosions. Sometimes he thinks it's funny...sometimes he's crawling up my leg for me to pick him up. We were going to go watch the display down at the baseball park but decided to chill at the house for a change. Chuck was able to enjoy a peaceful and restful day...but tomorrow it's back to the "mistress".

I have been doing very well going to the gym and sweating up a storm. However, I feel bad that I didn't go today. I did go swimming though...that counts! I will get up tomorrow and load up the little one and head over there and do a little extra to make up for today. I have to keep my motivation going. Anyways, I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful 4th of July!!

No comments: